Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Natural Health Philippines Oil Pulling

Oil Pulling

Oil pulling has its roots in Ayurvedic tradition, one of the oldest natural health systems in the world. Basically all you do is rinse your mouth out with vegetable oil, I like to use Coconut Oil, much like you would with a mouthwash. As simple as it sounds, oil pulling can be a very powerful detoxifying practice which also increases our metabolism. (Weight-loss anyone?) So what happens is, while you swish the oil in your mouth, the toxins in your body are pulled out causing mucous drainage – which is one of the ways your body removes toxins.
My mother introduced me to this practice, which she swears by, and every morning for about 15 minutes before breakfast, I swish Virgin Coconut Oil in my mouth. Since practicing oil-pulling, I’ve noticed some very positive results such as whiter teeth, pinker gums, and people have been commenting on my improved skin, which is a compliment I never get having suffered from Atopic Dermatitis since I was a child. These are some of the physically noticeable results, but I also feel much better and no longer wake-up sneezing and blowing my nose like I used to.
Here’s how I do it for those of you who want to try this:
1. Using high-quality Virgin Coconut Oil, take one Tablespoon in your mouth.
2. Swish it around your mouth just as you would a mouthwash for 15 – 20 minutes.
NOTE: Do NOT lean your head back and gargle and do NOT swallow!
3. If your mouth, particularly your jaw gets tired, you’re swishing too hard. Relax your mouth and use your tongue to help move the oil around. This really takes some getting used-to in the beginning but will become easier with constant practice.
4. Should you get tired before 15 – 20 minutes, spit the oil (that’s now filled with toxins) into the toilet, flush, and just swish a new batch of Virgin Coconut Oil for the remaining time. When you’re done, spit the oil and toxins into the toilet, and don’t forget to flush.
5. Rinse your mouth a few times with water, making sure to spit in the toilet. I like to end by rinsing with a mouthwash to kill any bacteria left – though I don’t know if this last step actually does anything.
Try it and let me know if it does anything for you.
Natural Health Philippines Oil Pulling

No comments:

Post a Comment